Shop Mail Phone

Our Company History –
From 1949 until today.

The origins of Verbindungselemente ENGEL GmbH go back almost 75 years. What has remained constant throughout the company’s successful history, which has been characterized by growth, is its roots in the location Weingarten. In the region near Lake Constance, ENGEL has earned a reputation as an attractive employer and a reliable company, a reputation it will continue to uphold with its ambitious goals.

Request a consultation now

1949
historische Aufnahme Scherzachstraße 1949

Heinz Engel and Alois Brugger lay the foundation for our company in Weingarten. Even then, the aim was “the distribution of technical fasteners for screwing, nailing, riveting, gluing, welding and soldering, as well as tools”.

1969
Historische Aufnahme Unternehmensgebäude

Change of name to Heinz Engel KG.

1989
Unternehmensgebäude 1990

Relocation to the current company headquarters in the Welte industrial area in Weingarten.

1990

ENGEL celebrates its 50th anniversary.

2005
Erweiterungsbau 2005

ENGEL expands and completes the next extension.

2010

Foundation of UVO-Trade GmbH for the direct container business.

2016
Warehouse_Management-System

Introduction of a modern warehouse management system and a modular QA system.

2017
Blick in die Lagerhalle

Completion of the second warehouse extension.

2021

Acquisition by Wilhelm Böllhoff GmbH & Co. KG. ENGEL retains its independence and strengths. In addition, we now have access to an even more comprehensive range, five additional state-of-the-art logistics and distribution centers, and much more.